Tuesday, November 15, 2011

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED!

I've talked to a couple of creative directors over the past month.  Both of them enjoy the work I've done with the storyboards and short print spec ads.  One of them suggested I do something longer.


Gamers, people who play video games, have a perception of being lazy and childish.  Most people think that all gamers do is sit around in their parents' dark basement and snack on Doritos and Mountain Dew.  That's not true.  My mom doesn't have a basement.  When I'm playing video games, I like to have the lights on.  I don't even like Mountain Dew.  I prefer Pepsi.


A lot of video games can be very challenging.  The most important part of a challenge is completing it and pushing yourself as far as you can go to finishing your objective. It's what gamers do while playing video games and it's what people do in life.  The idea behind the ad is to use video games as a template to how to evaluate problems and difficulties and to critically think about how to overcome them.  


I took the image from a Google image search.  I got the idea for the copy from Nike's "My Butt Is Big" ad from last year.  Happy Birthday XBox!

No comments:

Post a Comment