Thursday, March 29, 2012

This Is What I Get For Having An Irish Last Name

If you came to this blog post it's because you're screening me for a job interview.  You can't find me on Facebook and if you can, you got absolutely nothing out of it other than I like wearing band t-shirts proclaiming how Incredibly Handsome an Army of Jasons are (Note: It's a t-shirt promoting my friend's band at the time, The Incredibly Handsome Army of Jasons.  I was supposed to join the band as the drummer so that all three members of the band would be named Jason, but I'm a terrible percussionist).  So now we know how common of a name Jason is.

This brings us to my last name, Kelly.  A quick Google search tells me that there are over 250,000 people in the United States with the last name Kelly.  That's a tad over .0008% of the population.  When you search Google for Jason Kelly you get a tattoo artist, make up artist (who apparently lives within 30 miles of me), an actor who played one of the kids in Mystic River, a hockey player, and a financial adviser who is allegedly a science fiction writer.  I say allegedly because he played off the Y2K scare.  If his book was made into a movie I can only imagine Nicolas Cage having the lead role.  But I digress.  I'm supposed to differentiate myself from the competition of other applicants to the job which I'm also applying for and the dozens of other Jason Kellys in the world which is difficult.  We're all incredibly handsome.


I know this blog post isn't going to sell you on hiring me.  All I'm asking for is an opportunity to interview with you, whether it be in person or on Skype.  


Finally, if you're a girl I just met and you Googled me before a date then I guess you'll just have to go out on that date with me to get to know me.

No comments:

Post a Comment